Q&A with Karen Carlson

Karen3

Q.    What do you do here OKWU?

A.      My job is working with faculty to make sure they have the material they need to teach their courses.  This includes syllabi and the most up-to-date edition of any text.  When new editions are published, then it is time to nag some poor unsuspecting dean to schedule a curriculum update.  I also send reminders out to faculty about a month before their classes to double check that they have what they need.  Every Monday I compile and send out a weekly schedule of on ground classes to Security and Buildings and Grounds and send a schedule of all on ground classes at all sites to other staff members.  I make sure someone checks classrooms here on campus every evening that we have classes and get laptops set up, if necessary.  I put faculty into Power Campus as they are assigned.  I am available for any other project for which Trish might need assistance.

Q.    What do you like most about working at OKWU?

A.    Most definitely the people. I really love seeing adults realize a dream of getting an education.

Q.    How did you end up here?

A.    After many years of volunteer work, I decided when my youngest son was old enough to drive, that I wanted to go back to work.  I graduated from the adult ed program in 1994 and found that I really missed the campus.  When the job here came open, I was thrilled, and came to work in 1996.  [My sister] Rene’ was working in the education division on campus at that time so it was nice to work at the same place then and now.

Q.   Where did you originally call home?

A.    I was born in Memphis but grew up in Oklahoma

Q.    Where did you go to school and what did you study there?

A.    I went to OU after high school but left in the middle of my junior year due to illness.  I was in secondary education to be an English teacher with minors in journalism and history.  When I was well enough, I took some courses at TU and later at Rogers here in Bartlesville just to make sure my brain still worked.  Then I got up the courage to enroll at what was then Bartlesville Wesleyan.

Q.    What is your family like?

A.    I was married to Alan for 42 years before his death in 2013.  We have two sons, Eric (38) and Kevin (35).

Q.    What hobbies, activities, or topics do you most like spending time on?

A.    I love reading and probably spend most of my time away from work doing that.  I like mysteries, biographies, and historical novels.  As a family, we enjoy going to the family ranch at Ramona or the farm at Alva and just being outside together.  Even the yard work is fun when we are all together.

Q.    What is one interesting fact that many people might not know about you?

A. I don’t know how interesting it is but I have sort of a varied work history.  I have been a dental assistant, a physician’s assistant in internal medicine, then neurology and finally orthopedics.  I was an EEG technician for a while (fascinating) and learned to do some x-rays.  I was a proof reader at a newspaper before I came to work at OKWU.  I sometimes assisted my husband in his law practice by answering interrogatories, creating settlement brochures, and helping review medical records.

Q.    What is the most interesting country you have visited or would like to visit? Why?

A.   Bahamas.  It was so gorgeous.

Q.    Is there anything else you would like people to know?

A.    Since July 9, 1996, I have seen over 100 people come and go from this office.  When I came to work I was the only clerical person in this building plus I was the janitor.  My job included providing all faculty and student materials, purchasing books from the publishers and then repacking and shipping them or delivering them, sending out grades, payroll, sweeping, etc.  My boss was also the athletic director so I did basketball stats and we published a little booklet every season.  Things have changed.  There were about 80 students and it was really a lot of fun.

3 thoughts on “Q&A with Karen Carlson”

1. Think about online gambling because a business exercise that
    requires plenty of consideration to perform it.
    But right now there is zero need to ever again since the existence of a reliable joker123 agent
    within Indonesia which provides many benefits for those fans of on-line betting.

Your success in online betting games starts whenever you decide best places to play.

By selecting a trusted Joker123 real estate agent, that means you have
    made that easier for typically the road to achievement. For example zencefilligazooz providers who are trusted
    joker123 agents in Dalam negri. Provides various sorts of the many popular and global standard
    gambling online online games.

To be capable to use typically the Joker123 site is also not arbitrary,
    due to federal government regulations that prohibit direct access to on the internet betting game provider sites.
    Therefore, all of us require a portal that will can connect members as users
    plus Joker123 site since a game service provider company
    called joker123 agent.

Choosing the Joker123 agent also cannot be done anyhowly, there are a few things that you need to pay attention to, among all of them are,

Ensure that the particular agent’s site has an official certificate issued by the world-recognized gambling legislation body.

Make certain the agent site you choose provides use of
    all varieties of games provided as well as they provide complete types
    associated with games.

Make sure the method of payment as well as withdrawal of cash from the site is safe, and offers worked with many local Indonesian financial
    institutions.

Make sure the website’s customer care really does its job properly that is
    reactive, provides friendly support, and works 24 hours
    a day.

Joker123 Indonesia Broker Website

2. Along taking into account the times, concern developments have as a consequence
    developed throughout the world. The number of further businesses
    that we don’t even know of exist because there are too many of them.
    Similarly, the gambling business, of course there are as a consequence many names of gambling agents
    that have sprung up. However, the emergence of these agents does not always meet the expense of a fine unusual for
    gamblers, both upscale and beginner gamblers. when hence many gambling
    agents popping up, utterly not every agents can be trusted because too many gambling issue worlds want to receive
    more profits without thinking nearly the long-term impact.
    Both members and for their own business.

Ensuring Bandar Legality

Therefore approved agent2018 wants to have enough money an simple way to find a trusted gambling agent site.
    The intend is that you can have an idea, how to handle the situation. next you
    are in a make a clean breast already trapped by fraud
    traps. Because we every know in that tilt it’s impossible to acquire out soon. You are afterward complacent, so
    you are not au fait that you are still below the distress of fraud from
    irresponsible agents.

To find out the recognized gambling agent is no question easy,
    create determined past you visit the gambling site, whether it’s a gambling site
    or similar, it’s a good idea to question the customer
    bolster whether the site is certified or not by asking for proof of ID number or colleague that can prove the existence of the site ascribed soccer
    gambling is true and reachable to operate, usually an certified online gambling site.
    Always has an office in the Philippines and is under the aegis
    of Cagayan or Pagcor, and has genuine immunity and authority.
    Which is protected by the declare of the Philippines, because the unaided country in Asia that
    is nimble to come up with the money for licenses for online gambling situation sites,
    is single-handedly in the Philippines. simple tolerable right?
    To find a trusted online soccer betting site.